When you browse through this web site, read pages, or download information, a third website will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. No information about users/visitors will be sold, shared, or utilized in any commercial way. The following information is automatically collected:
- the Internet domain (for example, “company.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain);
- the IP address from which you access our web site (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web);
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages you visit;
- and the site through which you address this web-site.
This information is collected solely for statistical purposes and is not used to identify individuals. Smart Campus uses these information to make the website more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to the site, what part of the site they are interested in, how long they use the site, and the software they use. Smart Campus does not track or record information about the identity of individuals and their visits.
Links to other sites
If you send an e-mail, be assured that:
- the information will not be shared with anyone;
- your e-mail address will not be provided to any third party or used for any electronic mailing list – Government or private;
- Smart Campus does not create individual profiles with the e-mail information you provide or give it to any other organizations;
- the e-mail content, including your e-mail address and/or name, will in no way be correlated or linked to the material that is automatically collected as described above.
- Smart Campus does do not collect information for commercial marketing.
Offensive or inappropriate content on Smart Campus websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Smart Campus websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Smart Campus service, the Smart Campus may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where the Smart Campus reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the SmartCampus may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the Smart Campus. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.